Singapore’s Global Young Scientists Summit 2017, organised by the National Research Foundation (NRF) in Singapore, brings together distinguished scientists, post-graduates and academics for five days of learning and mentoring.
The Summit welcomes over 250 of the world’s outstanding PhDs and post-doctoral fellows under the age of 35. They will have the privilege of interacting with 21 highly distinguished speakers through plenary lectures, panel discussions and interactive small group sessions. Well-respected in the science and technology community, these speakers comprise Nobel Laureates, Field Medallists, Millennium Technology Prize winners, and Turing Award winners.
The annual Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS) will take place at the Singapore University of Technology and Design from 15 to 20 January 2017.
NRF invites media to participate at lectures and plenary sessions, as well as at public lectures by distinguished speakers.
Apply for media accreditation using this online form by Friday, 5 January 2017. Only media that receive accreditation may attend.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an inquiries about GYSS.
Press Policy for accredited media
- Press can attend selected sessions and report on the event, unless otherwise stated. Press can attend selected sessions at GYSS 2017, unless otherwise notified. NRF retains the right to limit or refuse entry where it sees fit. Registered Press are reminded to display their Press badges prominently at all times. The entire event (other than small group discussions) is open for reporting by the Press. NRF reserves the right to deem any session as off-the-record and/or closed to the Press, and notify the Press at any time before or during the event.
- Press interviews with GYSS 2017 speakers or the organiser (NRF) will be facilitated by the appointed PR agency, PINPOINT PR Pte. Ltd. Any requests for press interviews with speakers and the organiser (NRF) will be facilitated by the appointed PR agency for GYSS 2017, PINPOINT PR Pte. Ltd. Press requests will be met on a first-come-first-serve basis, subject to their agreement.
- Event acknowledgements Press are requested to name the event “Global Young Scientists Summit” as the source of information in their reports/articles. We also request that you acknowledge “National Research Foundation, Prime Minister’s Office, Singapore” as the organiser in your articles, and credit the same for use of any event photos or videos by the organiser.
- Press are required to seek permission from interviewees before quoting or publishing any materials from the interviews.
- Mention of #GYSS2017 and #scientistsinSG on your social media channels We welcome Press to follow us on Facebook at @gyss.sg and use the hashtags #GYSS2017 and #scientistsinSG. You can also make use of the official GYSS Twitter and Instagram handle @gyss_sg.